The Blade 98S v8 is unlike another frame within the Blade family. A very thin cross section provides you with fantastic control from all angles on the court. However, this model has an open 18×16 string pattern, increasing the spin that you can put on the ball without compromising your swing.
A new technology called Direct Connect has allowed the new Blade v8 range to have more feel than ever before due to the carbon fibre going right the way through to the end cap. The Blade series has always been our most popular range from Wilson in-store and will continue to be just that.
FEEL. Reputable for its unique Spin Effect string pattern, the Blade 98S v8 evolves its design and layup to amplify the wow factor with every swing. First, the design: thanks to an incredibly fascinating colour-shifting elastic finish, this racket is able to morph between shades of green and copper depending on how the sun reflects. Second, the technology: FORTYFIVE° and DirectConnect team up to produce increased flexibility and stability for enhanced connected-to-the-ball feel. Perfect for players flashing the modern, vertical swing path common in today’s competitive landscape, the Blade 98S v8 should be the racket of choice for anyone seeking supreme feel and appealing design with easy access to spin.
Blade v8 pushes design boundaries while staying true to the philosophy of uncontaminated racket design. This time it’s manifested through a bold colour way that shifts through a landscape of colours as you swing — from an earthy green to elemental copper. The rest is in the meticulous details, creating a racket that wants to be held for the player bold enough to pick one up.
- Only racket in Blade v8 lineup with Spin Effect Technology, which increases ball rotation without changing your swing
- FORTYFIVE° increases flexibility and stability to produce a more connected-to-the-ball feel while better complementing the modern, vertical swing path used by most competitive players
- DirectConnect extends the carbon fiber handle to connect directly to the end cap for improved feel and enhanced torsional stability
- Dynamic, colour-shifting elastic finish allows frame to morph between shades of green and copper
- Top Grip Taper provides better feel for top-hand grip placement
- Ergonomic End Cap yields improved comfort and playability
- Braided Graphite + Basalt composition improves the flex of a racket to produce enhanced feel and control
- Parallel Drilling provides a consistent, more forgiving string bed response
Please note, that unless a string is selected, this racket will be sent frame only. No head cover is supplied with this racket.
- Weight: 295g
- Headsize: 98 Sq. inch
- Unstrung Balance: 325mm
- String Pattern: 18×16
We stock a comprehensive range of strings and all members of the team in-store are able to discuss your stringing requirements with you. Choosing the correct string is important to the rackets performance and as racket specialists we’re on hand to help. We’ve provided a quick summary of the key points of each string on the ‘Choose your string’ tab above – this should give you an outline of each string and help you decide which would be best. If you’ve got questions on string choice and would like to discuss further please contact us on 0116 2622113 or email us at [email protected].