The Wilson Blade 98 (16×19) is definitely classed as the players racket within the Wilson range. A very thin cross section provides you with fantastic control from all angles on the court, whilst the 16×19 string pattern allows you generate more spin potential and increased feel and power.
A new technology called Direct Connect has allowed the new Blade v8 range to have more feel than ever before due to the carbon fibre going right the way through to the end cap. The Blade series has always been our most popular range from Wilson in-store and will continue to be just that.
FEEL. The Blade 98 (16×19) v8 pairs captivating design with a new layup to better accommodate the more modern, vertical swing path commonly used by competitive players. The headliner innovation, FORTYFIVE°, manages to increase both the flexibility and stability of the frame to lend supreme feel for the ball on every shot. Still characterised by its superior presence in the hands of the best players in the world, this evolution of Blade rewards aggressive, precise ball-strikers with a top-tier blend of connected-to-the-ball feel, torsional stability and color-shifting design to wow teammates and opponents alike.
Blade v8 pushes design boundaries while staying true to the philosophy of uncontaminated racket design. This time it’s manifested through a bold colour way that shifts through a landscape of colours as you swing — from an earthy green to elemental copper. The rest is in the meticulous details, creating a racket that wants to be held for the player bold enough to pick one up.
- String pattern (16×19) allows strings to stretch more, generating greater capacity for power and spin
- FORTYFIVE° increases flexibility and stability to produce a more connected-to-the-ball feel while better complementing the modern, vertical swing path used by most competitive players
- DirectConnect extends the carbon fiber handle to connect directly to the end cap for improved feel and enhanced torsional stability
- Dynamic, colour-shifting elastic finish allows frame to morph between shades of green and copper
- Top Grip Taper provides better feel for top-hand grip placement
- Ergonomic End Cap yields improved comfort and playability
- Braided Graphite + Basalt composition improves the flex of a racket to produce enhanced feel and control
- Parallel Drilling provides a consistent, more forgiving string bed response
Please note, that unless a string is selected, this racket will be sent frame only. No head cover is supplied with this racket.
- Weight: 305g
- Headsize: 98 Sq. inch
- Unstrung Balance: 320mm
- String Pattern: 16×19
We stock a comprehensive range of strings and all members of the team in-store are able to discuss your stringing requirements with you. Choosing the correct string is important to the rackets performance and as racket specialists we’re on hand to help. We’ve provided a quick summary of the key points of each string on the ‘Choose your string’ tab above – this should give you an outline of each string and help you decide which would be best. If you’ve got questions on string choice and would like to discuss further please contact us on 0116 2622113 or email us at [email protected].