For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and UK data protection laws, the controller is Withers Sports Ltd, 6 Carts Lane, Leicester, LE1 5FL email: [email protected] telephone: 0116 262 2113
We keep all your personal information on a secure server and treat all your information provided to us as confidential. We do not keep any card details on our database. We use a secure payment gateway to verify all transactions and to guard against fraud, this passes a secure code to us and does not contain any sensitive data once approved.
Withers Sports Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Update (25th May 2018)
- You’re better protected – GDPR means organisations with your personal data must now have the correct processes in place in order to protect your data
- You’re in control – You will have greater visibility and control over the personal data that an organisation holds on you from small details such as your name, to greater, more sensitive information.
- You choose how you are contacted – You can choose who can contact you and how they contact you (whether it be by email, phone, SMS etc). and what they can contact you about (whether it be about their products, services and/or promotions).
- You can change your mind – Even if you have already consented to being contacted its not a done deal, simply update your preferences to what you want to receive.
- You can request a Subject Access Request – Under the GDPR, you do have the right to a Subject Access Request. This means you can ask for what data is held on you, and where it has been shared.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
The data we collect on you is any data you have shared with us. This will include things such as placing an order, or creating an account on our website. As well as this, data on your restring history is also collected. This allows us to provide you with details of your preferences if you do not remember what you have previously had.
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Proceeding with your order
- Administration of your account, if you have registered
- Advising you of the status of your order
- To offer you website information
- To advise you of any special offers and products that may be of interest to you, if you have consented to this
- To advise you of any competitions we may run
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
There may be times that we share relevant pieces of the data that we have collected. However, we only ever share this data to provide the highest level of service possible. An example of this would be sharing your delivery address with a courier. We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may at any time ask to stop receiving marketing communications, please write to us at [email protected]. If you require further clarification or have any questions please contact us on: 0116 262 2113.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We will retain your personal information no longer than is necessary for the purpose we obtained it for thereby reducing the risk that it will become inaccurate, out of date or irrelevant. Information that is no longer needed will be securely erased. Different time periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
You may request at any time to have your data removed from our records in relation to marketing purposes. You may also request a confirmation of the data that we hold on you and where it has been shared.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We want you to be clear about how and why we use your data, how you can control that use, and your rights relating to your data. At any time, you can request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge
- The correction of your personal data where incorrect, out of date or incomplete
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either specifically or altogether). Write to us at [email protected]
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent
- That we delete, in certain circumstances, personal data that we hold about you
Further to the above, you may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following way:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 6 Carts Lane, Leicester, LE1 5FL or email [email protected] .
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.