The Blade 98S is unlike another frame within the Blade family. A very thin cross section provides you with fantastic control from all angles on the court. However, this model has an open 18×16 string pattern, increasing the spin that you can put on the ball without compromising your swing. This v7 model has seen the balance point reduced to 320mm from 325mm giving you a more head light feel compared to the previous version, which will help you to manoeuvre the racket more easily around the court. The Blade series has always been our most popular range from Wilson in-store and will continue to be just that.
FEEL AND SPIN. The sole frame in the Blade lineup equipped with Spin Effect Technology, the Blade 98S v7 brings another game-changing technology into play: Feel Flex. This evolution of Free Flex, the technology in the revolutionary Clash series, features strategically placed carbon mapping in the frame for enhanced racket flexibility and stability. As a result, users feel more connected to the ball than ever before and can comfortably rip shots from all over the court. The Spin Effect string pattern increases ball RPM without players needing to adjust their strokes, making this racket a must-have for any aggressive player looking for a top-flight combination of feel and spin.
- Only racket in Blade v7 lineup with Spin Effect Technology, which increases ball RPM without changing your swing
- Feel Flex features proprietary carbon mapping strategically placed throughout hoop for additional flexibility and better connected-to-the-ball feel
- Clean tri-colored design with lime green, black and silver elastic paint
- Top Grip Taper provides better feel for top-hand grip placement
- Reduced spec variance (+/- 5.5 g) for added consistency from frame to frame
- Braided Graphite construction delivers a pure, classic feel
- Parallel Drilling provides a consistent, more forgiving string bed response
Please note that this racket does not come with a head cover.
- Weight: 295g
- Headsize: 98 Sq. inch
- Unstrung Balance: 330mm
- String Pattern: 18 x 16
We stock a comprehensive range of strings and all members of the team in-store are able to discuss your stringing requirements with you. Choosing the correct string is important to the rackets performance and as racket specialists we’re on hand to help. We’ve provided a quick summary of the key points of each string on the ‘Choose your string’ tab above – this should give you an outline of each string and help you decide which would be best. If you’ve got questions on string choice and would like to discuss further please contact us on 0116 2622113 or email us at [email protected].