The Wilson Blade 98 (18×20) is definitely classed as the players racket within the Wilson range. A very thin cross section provides you with fantastic control from all angles on the court, whilst the 18×20 string pattern offers more control, precision and touch on your ground strokes and is ideal for frequent string breakers.
A new technology called Direct Connect has allowed the new Blade v8 range to have more feel than ever before due to the carbon fibre going right the way through to the end cap. The Blade series has always been our most popular range from Wilson in-store and will continue to be just that.
FEEL. Sporting a slick colour-shifting elastic finish, the Blade 98 (18×20) v8 commands attention with eye-catching design alongside elevated performance. While the exterior of the frame morphs between shades of green and copper, the interior of the frame features new FORTYFIVE° technology to increase flexibility and stability, yielding excellent feel for the modern, vertical swing path common in today’s game. In addition, the carbon fibre handle extends to the end cap for enhanced feel and torsional stability, producing a frame that exceeds all expectations for the latest evolution of the most popular racket franchise on the pro tour.
Blade v8 pushes design boundaries while staying true to the philosophy of uncontaminated racket design. This time it’s manifested through a bold colour way that shifts through a landscape of colours as you swing — from an earthy green to elemental copper. The rest is in the meticulous details, creating a racket that wants to be held for the player bold enough to pick one up.
- String pattern (18×20) optimizes string durability and generates stiffer response for enhanced touch and precision
- FORTYFIVE° increases flexibility and stability to produce a more connected-to-the-ball feel while better complementing the modern, vertical swing path used by most competitive players
- DirectConnect extends the carbon fiber handle to connect directly to the end cap for improved feel and enhanced torsional stability
- Dynamic, colour-shifting elastic finish allows frame to morph between shades of green and copper
- Top Grip Taper provides better feel for top-hand grip placement
- Ergonomic End Cap yields improved comfort and playability
- Braided Graphite + Basalt composition improves the flex of a racket to produce enhanced feel and control
- Parallel Drilling provides a consistent, more forgiving string bed response
Please note, that unless a string is selected, this racket will be sent frame only. No head cover is supplied with this racket.
- Weight: 305g
- Headsize: 98 Sq. inch
- Unstrung Balance: 320mm
- String Pattern: 18×20
We stock a comprehensive range of strings and all members of the team in-store are able to discuss your stringing requirements with you. Choosing the correct string is important to the rackets performance and as racket specialists we’re on hand to help. We’ve provided a quick summary of the key points of each string on the ‘Choose your string’ tab above – this should give you an outline of each string and help you decide which would be best. If you’ve got questions on string choice and would like to discuss further please contact us on 0116 2622113 or email us at [email protected].