The Blade 98 is definitely classed as the players racket within the Wilson range. A very thin cross section provides you with fantastic control from all angles on the court. Featuring an 18×20 string pattern, it brings a more solid feel from the racket and you will find you have more durability from your string set up. This v7 model has seen the balance point reduced to 320mm from 325mm giving you a more head light feel compared to the previous version, which will help you to manoeuvre the racket more easily around the court. The Blade series has always been our most popular range from Wilson in-store and will continue to be just that.
FEEL. Showcasing a brand new tri-colour design with clean lines and an elastic paint finish, the Blade 98 (18×20) v7 backs up its sharp design with cutting-edge innovation for next-level performance. Feel Flex technology, an evolution of the revolutionary Free Flex technology in Clash, features carbon mapping strategically placed throughout the racket frame to deliver a more connected-to-the-ball feel. Other upgrades include a Top Grip Taper for a more comfortable top-hand grip and reduced spec variance from frame to frame.
- Dense string pattern provides added stability and classic control
- Feel Flex features proprietary carbon mapping strategically placed throughout hoop for additional flexibility and better connected-to-the-ball feel
- Clean tri-colour design with lime green, black and silver elastic paint
- Top Grip Taper provides better feel for top-hand grip placement
- Reduced spec variance (+/- 5.5 g) for added consistency from frame to frame
- Braided Graphite + Basalt composition improves the flex of a racket to produce enhanced feel and control
- Parallel Drilling provides a consistent, more forgiving string bed response
Please note that this racket does not come with a head cover.
- Weight: 305g
- Headsize: 98 Sq. inch
- Unstrung Balance: 320mm
- String Pattern: 18 x 20
We stock a comprehensive range of strings and all members of the team in-store are able to discuss your stringing requirements with you. Choosing the correct string is important to the rackets performance and as racket specialists we’re on hand to help. We’ve provided a quick summary of the key points of each string on the ‘Choose your string’ tab above – this should give you an outline of each string and help you decide which would be best. If you’ve got questions on string choice and would like to discuss further please contact us on 0116 2622113 or email us at [email protected].