The Blade 98 is definitely classed as the players racket within the Wilson range. A very thin cross section provides you with fantastic control from all angles on the court. Featuring an 16×19 string pattern, it allows to have more feel from the frame whilst allowing for more spin potential. This v7 model has seen the balance point reduced to 320mm from 325mm giving you a more head light feel compared to the previous version, which will help you to manoeuvre the racket more easily around the court. The Blade series has always been our most popular range from Wilson in-store and will continue to be just that.
FEEL. The most popular frame in Wilson’s Blade series, the Blade 98 (16×19) v7 now features Feel Flex to connect players with the ball unlike ever before. Featuring carbon mapping placed strategically throughout the frame, Feel Flex increases frame flexibility and stability for superior feel. Throw in reduced spec variance for added consistency from frame to frame plus a new Top Grip Taper for more comfortable top-hand grip placement, and the latest version of this racket brings significantly added performance to the court for avid Blade fans.
- Slightly more head-light than last version for better control over racket head
- Feel Flex features proprietary carbon mapping strategically placed throughout hoop for additional flexibility and better connected-to-the-ball feel
- Clean tri-colour design with lime green, black and silver elastic paint
- Top Grip Taper provides better feel for top-hand grip placement
- Reduced spec variance (+/- 5.5 g) for added consistency from frame to frame
- Braided Graphite + Basalt composition improves the flex of a racket to produce enhanced feel and control
- Parallel Drilling provides a consistent, more forgiving string bed response
Please note that this racket does not come with a head cover.
- Weight: 305g
- Headsize: 98 Sq. inch
- Unstrung Balance: 320mm
- String Pattern: 16 x 19
We stock a comprehensive range of strings and all members of the team in-store are able to discuss your stringing requirements with you. Choosing the correct string is important to the rackets performance and as racket specialists we’re on hand to help. We’ve provided a quick summary of the key points of each string on the ‘Choose your string’ tab above – this should give you an outline of each string and help you decide which would be best. If you’ve got questions on string choice and would like to discuss further please contact us on 0116 2622113 or email us at [email protected].